In today’s fast-moving world, the saying that ‘There’s an App for That’ has never been more true! Smartphones and tablets are an ever-present part of daily life now, and they’re used to make things better, and make us more productive in countless different ways.
As well as allowing us to manage work and social media better, there are apps to help us to do everything from learning new languages to playing world-class casino games. One of the major areas where apps have exploded is in weight loss and fitness, and following the excesses of the festive season most people are more interested in these than ever.
Hundreds of diet, exercise and lifestyle apps are available, and there’s no better time than now to shrug off the excess of the festive season and work towards a new year and a new you! If health and fitness were part of your New Year’s Resolutions, take a look at the top diet and exercise apps that can help you meet your goals.
Recipes for Success
Fooducate: Scan item barcodes in the supermarket to find out how healthy they are. Your mood, sleep and hunger levels are also tracked and then feedback on everything is provided
- mySugr: An easy and convenient tool for diabetics to track their sugar levels
- Rise: You’ll be paired up with a nutritionist whom you need to stay accountable to. Cheaper than a consultation and just as effective!
- MyFitnessPal: No matter what your goal is, the app helps you understand what you should eat to achieve it
- LifeSum: Pick a goal and LifeSum will send you gentle reminders to help make small changes, like drinking water, to achieve it
Couch to 5k: Free 8-week programme to get you running 5 kilometres
- Fitnet: Provides tiny workouts that can be completed in moments, for people who struggle to find exercise time
- Sworkit: Input the type of workout you want and how much time you have, and get a tailor-made result
- Motion Traxx: World-class trainers are combined with music to perfectly match the intensity of every part of your workout
- Daily Yoga: Even the most die-hard Yoga fundi’s are sometimes bored by the routines, but not with this app. Choose from more than 50 classes, each with their own focus, and check specific poses in the library
Using an app to get fit and stay healthy is a smart option, and it’s essential to always remember that even if you just go for a walk, you’re lapping those on the couch!