Apps to Make Christmas AwesomeTia Winter | 23 February 2018
From all-in-one apps that help you to celebrate and organise all things Christmas to dedicated baking or countdown apps, iOS users’ every yuletide need has been covered this year. You should also look out for the many festive promotions that mobile casinos are running, but for the moment check out our roundup of Christmas-themed iOS apps.
Apps to Get Your Christmas Spirit Going
- Indulge in a wonderfully illustrated, steampunk version of A Christmas Carol, complete with hidden Easter eggs waiting to be discovered. You can also treat the little ones to some Christmas reads with How the Grinch Stole Christmas and many other storybook apps.
- Countdown to Christmas Day with a variety of advent calendar apps.
- Plan your Christmas baking with some dedicated apps for confectionary and treats. The 101 Christmas Cake Ideas app, for instance, is packed with templates, decorations and patterns.
- Create your own snow globe greeting card, complete with the faces of your loved ones and choreography that you come up with, using the Coca-Cola Christmas Snow Globes app.
- Join a virtual community of people singing Christmas songs with iCaroler.
- Play very involved, Christmas-themed games such as Arthur Christmas: Elf Run Premium where you have to complete various missions in your capacity as a Christmas elf.
- Organise your whole Christmas with apps such as Christmas!!, which feature countdown calendars, games, wish lists, gift lists, jokes and wallpapers
- Find out what your children really want for Christmas by getting them to write a letter to St Nick himself in the Letters to Santa Claus app. An hour after sending your letter to the North Pole, a reply will arrive to enchant little imaginations!
There are many more iOS apps waiting to bring a little more of Christmas into your daily life, so look around for yourself too.
Apps to Help with Returning Items
Slice does more than help you to manage your returns, but this is an extremely useful feature of the app. Slice keeps a record of all your purchases, and allows you to check receipts and return policies. The app will also send you a notification if something you just bought has reduced in price, as most retailers will pay you the difference, which can have a huge effect when you’re awash with the expenses of Christmas. If you need to track package shipments Slice can help you with that too.
ReturnGuru is another very useful, free-of-charge app. You can photograph your receipt and send it to the app’s service, which will then send you a reminder as the window for possible returns draws closer. Both Slice and ReturnGuru rely on you having access to the purchases’ receipts, of course, and this is not always possible. If you really want to return something but you need to do it without whoever gave it to you finding out, you could try scanning the barcode and finding the major outlets that supply the product. From there, a little detective work should be all you need!
Apps can make Christmas fun and reduce the stress that many of us feel at this time of the year, so use your smartphone or tablet to make sure you jingle all the way!