Mobile Video Poker vs. Table Poker
Video Poker works really well in mobile casinos. Its simple graphics and instant action are perfect for players on the go. Learn a little more about the game here and how it differs to table Poker, and then try it for yourself.
Video Poker Basics
Video Poker games usually involve a single deck of cards. You place your bet of up to 5 coins, and are dealt 5 cards which appear on your screen all at once. Your job is to try to build the best hand that you can, according to standard Poker rankings.
You can choose how many cards you want to exchange as you try to create a better hand, or if you are happy with your hand you can choose to exchange none at all. Whatever you decide to discard and replace, it all needs to be done in a single turn. After that, you are paid out according to what is in your final hand.
A lot of people say that Video Poker is an interesting mix of the qualities of slots games and the qualities of table Poker games. The simple gameplay, instant thrills and pay-outs are a lot like what you would find in a slots game, and the elements of strategy and the hand rankings that are used are inspired by table Poker. We’ve listed the similarities and the differences between the 2 types of poker more fully below.
- The same hand rankings are used
- The cards you get dealt are down to chance, but then you need to use strategy to decide what to do with them
- Video poker has a much faster pace than table Poker does
- Video Poker games involve a single round, with all cards being dealt at once. In the different versions of table poker, there are various phases and you are dealt your final number of cards over these different stages
- In video poker, you are always the only player. In table Poker, you always at least go against the dealer, and usually against other players too
- You make only one strategic decision in video poker, but there are many tactical calls you need to make in table Poker. You’re watching what every other player is doing and thinking about the specific rules of the variation you are playing, but you also need to be aware that many players are bluffing. You have to try and interpret these bluffs and decide what to do, while giving nothing away about your own hand. It’s a very tricky situation, but you can develop these skills over time
- Video poker can be played with multiple hands if you choose. Table Poker cannot – players have so much to keep up with that they would probably go mad if this was the case!
Both Casino Games Have a Place
Video poker is really only possible due to the much older game of table Poker, borrowing from it heavily since first being released in the 1970s. Both games are hugely enjoyable, but they entertain you in different ways: Video Poker is played only by oneself, whereas Table Poker you play against the dealer and in some cases with others as well.
Enjoy the quick action of video poker on its own, or as the first training ground on your way to the more cerebral pleasures of table Poker. You’ll get a chance to familiarise yourself with the way the cards work, and the hand rankings, before taking on the more complex world of bluffing and other poker rules.
Finding the Best Mobile Casinos
The mobile casino industry is growing at an alarming rate, which has forced the online casino industry to sit up and take notice. Due to the saturation of the online casino industry, those wanting to remain relevant are optimising their games for play on a wide range of devices and players in New Zealand who use their mobile to play are in for a real treat.
Millions of players are jumping at the chance of playing video poker at their favourite online casino, and many varieties of online pokies, baccarat, blackjack, roulette and other casino games are also available to enjoy on the go. If you’re keen on getting started, Mobilecasino.co.nz has the best mobile casino recommendations for players in New Zealand and you’ll be playing real money casino games in no time!