At Mobile Casino we want you to enjoy the best games at the best New Zealand casinos. To help you in every way we can, we give you guidelines to games as well as thorough casino reviews. A very popular game in online and mobile casinos is Oasis Poker. A variation of Caribbean Stud Poker, it blends the best parts of Caribbean Stud and Video Poker together.
Since you’re playing against the dealer rather than other tablemates, the game is especially suited to online and mobile casinos. Many highly regarded software developers have created their own versions, and you’ll love all the fast-paced, immersive action!
How Oasis Poker Works
Oasis Poker is played with 1 deck of cards and follows the same rules as Caribbean Stud Poker, except that you can exchange cards as you can in Video Poker. The first thing you do is place your ante wager, and a side bet if you choose to. Then you and the dealer both get 5 cards, with 1 of the dealer’s facing up so you can see it.
After you’ve looked at your cards and considered the dealer’s face-up card, the Video Poker-like portion of the game begins. You can swap any of your 5 cards for the next card in the deck. Of course, to keep things interesting, there is a price for this, as outlined here:
- Swapping 1 or 5 cards costs 1 x the Ante
- Swapping 2 or 4 cards costs 2x the Ante
- Swapping 3 cards costs 3x the Ante
The price for swapping your cards in Oasis Poker is non-refundable, and if you swap all 5 cards out you have to Raise by doubling the Ante. You can also choose to Fold and forfeit the round, or to Call, and compare your cards to the dealer’s, after you’ve seen your initial hand. You might find some strict versions of the game that don’t allow you to Fold if you exchanged any cards.
Oasis Poker Payouts
When you are Standing, your cards and the dealer’s hand are revealed. To qualify, the dealer must hold an Ace/King hand or higher.
- If the dealer hand doesn’t qualify: Ante wager pays even money; Raise is a Push
- If the dealer hand qualifies and you lose: You forfeit both bets
- If the dealer hand qualifies and you tie: The Ante and Raise both Push
- If the dealer hand qualifies and you win: Ante pays even money, Raise pays according to a specified pay table
If you placed a bonus bet in Oasis Poker, this is paid out according to your original hand, before any exchanges were made.
Oasis Poker Strategy
There is no perfect strategy to play with Oasis Poker, and you can’t use fool-proof strategy charts as you can with Blackjack or Video Poker. There are, however, some basic tips to give you the best chance of winning.
- Only ever exchange 1 card
- Always make a switch if holding 4 to a Flush or an open-ended Straight Draw
- Never switch when holding a 2 Pair hand or better
- If the dealer’s face-up card matches one in your hand the odds of a dealer hand pair are lower, so Call if you are holding Ace King
- Call when holding an Ace, a King and a Jack
- Fold if none of the above scenarios are true
Give Oasis Poker a try at top New Zealand casinos online and discover why this game is such a favourite!